System Design by Visus LLC
System design and architecture are the most critical steps of any software development project to ensure success. It is the phase of a project where innovation begins. It is also the time that the project and product guidelines are developed. These key ingredients drive the project through completion.
At Visus LLC, we have a unique approach and methodology for project definition and design that considers the business parameters while staying focused on project success. Every project begins with proper planning, understanding the customer's vision, and translating that vision into clear specifications that the development team can follow and execute on. System design is an art that requires leadership skills, problem solving skills, and project management skills. Our years of experience in designing systems will help take your vision and translate it into a real solution that not only considers your organization’s immediate needs but its future needs as well. We will ask questions and discuss areas that you may not have considered to make sure all bases are covered and uncover assumptions that will be addressed the in solution.
System design includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Meetings with project sponsors and stakeholders to define the vision and details of the project along with business goals and objectives.
- Design meetings involve white boarding sessions to architect different aspects of the system with your core team
- Hypothetical situations, or ‘what if's’, are presented to determine how best to deal with items that may not have been considered before
- Study and analysis of the input from the meetings and feedback and advice on options for best practices
- Usability best practices are also addressed at this stage.
- Delivery of design documents which typically include wire frames, functional specifications, a database design, and implementation costs and timeline.